- A minor programme requires 30-35 credits of courses.
- A student who wishes to apply for enrolling in a minor programme should achieve a cumulative GPA of not less than 2.0 (Grade C).
- Students may apply for minor programme within the scheduled period in each semester and can pursue a maximum of two minor programmes but they are not eligible to apply for it in their first registered semester at UM. Students having prior approval for pursuing minor programme will be given priority in course enrolment. However, students without prior approval may also apply for qualification of a minor programme in the 2nd semester of the final year of study if they have successfully enrolled in all the courses required by the minor programme.
- Changing minor programme is subject to approval of the academic unit of the minor programme changed to. Any student can have only one approved change of minor programme during his/her undergraduate study at UM. A student who wishes not to continue their enrolled minor programme is required to complete a prescribed form and return to the academic unit concerned.
- In order to graduate with a minor qualification, a student must complete all requirements of the enrolled minor programme, as well as all the requirements of the major programme of study. The courses completed for minor progamme cannot be counted towards students’ major programme and vice versa. The results achieved in the minor courses will be calculated towards the GPA calculation for graduation.Students who graduate with a minor qualification will have a certificate awarded together with a separate transcript indicating all the courses taken in the minor programme.