GEST1002 / GEST002 – Quantitative Reasoning for Social Sciences
|Suggested Year of Study:||Any|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
The goal of this course is to develop students’ quantitative reasoning skills through the enhancement of their mathematical and statistical literacy. The content of this course includes managing your money, logic, probability and statistics and basics of mathematical modelling. Real-life applications will be emphasized.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
1. Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic skills in logical inference.
2. Students will be able to apply basic probability theory to reasoning with uncertainty.
3. Students will be able to apply basic statistical skills to solve real life problems.
4. Students will be able to describe how mathematics can be used in everyday life.
5. Students will be able to build simple mathematical models and use these models to get approximate answers to real life problems.