GEST1004 / GEST004 – Quantitative Reasoning for Science and Technology
|Suggested Year of Study:||1|
Department of Mathematics
|Medium of Instruction||English|
This course aims at providing a solid foundation of one variable calculus for science and technology students. The topics include basic reasoning skills, limit and continuity, derivative and its applications, integral and its applications.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
1. demonstrate an ability of reasoning;
2. compute the limits of functions;
3. compute the derivatives of functions;
4. use derivatives in applied problems;
5. compute the integrals of functions;
6. use integrals in applied problems.