GEST1005 / GEST005 – Internet, Business and Society
|Suggested Year of Study:||1|
Department of Accounting and Information Management
|Medium of Instruction||English|
The emergence of Internet has changed society significantly. One of the main reasons for the tremendous changes is the popularity of Internet services offered to Internet users who make use of them in both business and personal life. This course will, therefore, introduce some popular and important Internet services to students and describe how they improve the operational efficiency in business and society. In addition, there is discussion of Internet security and privacy issues.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
- Students will be able to identify the relationship between Internet services and information systems.
- Students will be able to explain how businesses promote product/services in E-Commerce and M-Commerce environments.
- Students will be able to apply advanced search functions to find useful information on the Web, e.g., Google advanced search.
- Students will be able to develop websites using some development tools e.g., Dreamweaver.
- Students will be able to identify the importance of cloud computing in business and society.
- Students will be able to utilize cloud Internet services such as cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox), cloud map and cloud office to facilitate personal or business tasks.
- Students will be able to identify the importance of Internet security and privacy issues in business and society.