EDUC1036 / EDPE101 – Wellness and Sport Practice
|Suggested Year of Study:||Any|
Students are recommended to do health and fitness assessment
Physical Education (PE), which is composed of theory and sport practice with individual and team sports, provides a general overview divided into two parts. Part I covers sport relevant theories including the function of sports in life, sports injury prevention & treatment, and physical fitness & exercise prescription while Part II is skill-based practice in both team and individual sports.
After completing the PE study, students will not only meet individual need and develop the concept of total well-being, but also can apply and transfer what they have learned to their lifestyle and lifelong activities. Students are expected to achieve general standards in their chosen sports.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the concepts and functions of sports and scientific principles of physicals activity;
- Improve mutual understanding and communication skills;
- Improve physical fitness;
- Develop the ability to work independently;
- Develop the ability to work in groups.