GEST1012 / ELEC111 – Electricity and Life
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
This course is about the study of physical science for non-engineering students with emphasis on basic electricity related topics. The focus of the course is not only the elementary physics of electricity; but also enlightening applications in Energy, Telecommunication and Health of electricity for the human life. Some site visits and experimental demonstrations are also arranged to provide hand-on experiences and insights for the students on the relative topics.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the physical properties and summaries the phenomenon of the electricity;
- Give examples to the applications of the electricity in Energy, Telecommunication and Health;
- Illustrate the linkage between applications of electricity and society;
- Read the popular scientific materials about the topics of electricity;
- Comprehend the scientific principle of various applications in modern society based on the basic properties of electricity;
- Handle and well organize the collecting information.