FHSG212 – Wonders in Life Science and Health: Biomedical Science
|Suggested Year of Study:||2 to 4|
This course introduces the fundamental concepts in life science, biomedical science, pharmaceutics, Chinese medicine and health management to students. It allows students to have a general understanding of the basic theories, working principles, methods for health preservation and disease healing in Western and Chinese medicine. This general education module will also feature visits to the ICMS’s research laboratories and/or pharmaceutical industries in Macao.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Appreciate the current rapid developments and issues in biological science at molecular and cellular levels that are relevant to our daily life;
- Understand the key concepts on the importance of cellular structure, anatomy and physiology to health and diseases;
- Understand the key steps in drug discovery and developmental process, with selected examples of commonly used medicines for diseases;
- Understand the basic theories, working principles and methods for health preservation and disease healing in Western and Chinese medicine;
- Understand selected examples of public health policy and management models.