Bad Weather Arrangement
Arrangements of Classes and Final Examinations during Typhoons or Rainstorms
(Revised and approved by the Senate on 1 April, 2015)
- Tropical Cyclone Signal No.1 or No. 3
When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 1 or No. 3 is hoisted, all classes and final examinations will be held as scheduled.
- Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal
When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted or cancelled, the following arrangements will be made for classes and final examinations:
|When the signal is hoisted||Indoor Classes / Final Examinations beginning at the following time slots will be cancelled|
|Before the activity starts|
|At or after 6:30 a.m.||Before 2:00 p.m.|
|At or after 12:00 n.n||At or after 12:00 n.n. but before 6:00 p.m.|
|At or after 4:00 p.m.||At or after 4:00 p.m.|
|During the activity||All classes will be suspended immediately. All final examinations will continue till their end as scheduled.|
|When the signal is cancelled||Indoor Classes / Final Examinations beginning at the following time slots will be held as scheduled|
|At or before 6:30 a.m.||All classes and examinations will be held as scheduled.|
|At or before 12:00 n.n.||At or after 2:00 p.m.|
|At or before 4:00 p.m.||At or after 6:00 p.m.|
|After 4:00 p.m.||All classes and final examinations of that day will be cancelled.|
- When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted, all the outdoor teaching activities on that day will be cancelled. If the signal is hoisted at any time while the outdoor teaching activities are taking place, they will be suspended immediately. The staff responsible should take all students to a safe place and make sure that it is safe for them to leave.
- Academic units will announce arrangements for final examination postponement on their webpages.
- The above arrangements are not applicable to the practicum or internship courses. Students who are doing these courses should follow the related arrangements and guidelines of the host organization.