Introduction and Mission of Residential College

In order to achieve whole-person education for our students, the University of Macau (UM) has fully implemented the Residential College (RC) scheme. Currently, UM has established 10 colleges including Chao Kuang Piu College, Cheng Yu Tung College, Cheong Kun Lun College, Choi Kai Yau College, Henry Fok Pearl Jubilee College, Lui Che Woo College, Ma Man Kei and Lo Pak Sam College, Moon Chun Memorial College, Shiu Pong College and Stanley Ho East Asia College.

Each RC can accommodate 450-500 students. It is a small on-campus staff-student learning community which integrates students’ learning and life, aiming to promote students’ whole-person development. The University sincerely invites all new students to join and live in our Residential Colleges and all new undergraduate students will be placed to stay at one of the Residential Colleges for one academic year upon admission. Students may apply for readmission to reside at a College after the first academic year if they have such a need. Readmission application will be reviewed by the College and a decision be made by the College Master. Upperclassmen who are successfully readmitted will continue to stay in residential colleges.

Please click HERE for campus map and location of all Residential College.

Residential College Waiver Application

Under certain rare circumstances it is possible to apply for waiver of RC requirements, either a “full waiver” or a “partial waiver”. A “full waiver” will include waiver for both RC residence and RC activity requirements while a “partial wavier” refers to that for RC residence only.

A “full waiver” may apply to students who fall into one of the categories below:

  • above 23 years of age; or
  • a bachelor’s degree holder; or
  • married students/students with dependents; or
  • certain extreme medical conditions.

A “partial waiver” can be given for the residential requirement only. This may be for one of the following:

  • medical conditions; or
  • certain pressing family commitments.

Please note that once a “partial waiver” is approved a student does not have to reside in the College, but he or she remains a non-resident member of the college and must fulfil the “RC Activities Requirements” before graduation will be possible.

Application should be made through Registry by filling in below form with supporting document via website ( For application enquiries, you may phone to Registry at (853) 8822 4007.